Got a little bit of a scare tonight.
And I wasn’t even programming!
I got one big bug not in – but on – my computer! Maria, thank you so much for causing this into my life and thus on my computer – – how am I going to debug that?
But this got me to think a bit about programming and the real debugging. Except some development for the web in php and html (which isn’t really programming) I haven’t done anything in this area for four years now, and I wonder if I could still do this.
Or is programming a skill that is forgotten when not used – like in – don’t use it, loose it?
Maybe I should take on a big programming job to try if I still have the ability to code – but then again – I don’t really like to. I guess I have turned from a programmer to a …….. user!
There are plenty of ‘Best of 2006’ around these days – even though I have not seen too many thus far.
But this one came across my inbox (thanks, Alex!) and I just have to share it.
BEST Scalper for Tickets to the World Cup 2006
BEST Google Ad 2006
BEST T-Shirt Design 2006
BEST Levi’s Ad 2006
BEST Hair-Product Ad 2006
BEST Refrigerator Magnet 2006
EST Before-and-After 2006
BEST Queen of the Blondes
BEST Coffee Ad 2006
BEST Parking Area 2006
BEST Jean Design 2006
And BEST of the BEST
Thanks, Kathie, for forwarding the page with art of Jim Warren.
Here is what his web page says:
A self-taught painter, Jim Warren defies artistic category. A Los Angeles newspaper described him as “somewhere between Dali and Rockwell.”
Click on the image to see more of his work.
Thought you all might enjoy
Men Are Just Happier People — What do you expect from such simple creatures?
- Your last name stays put.
- The garage is all yours.
- Wedding plans take care of themselves.
- Chocolate is just another snack.
- You can be President.
- You can never be pregnant.
- You can wear a white T-shirt to a water park.
- You can wear NO shirt to a water park.
- Car mechanics tell you the truth.
- The world is your urinal.
- You never have to drive to another gas station restroom because this one is just too icky.
- You don’t have to stop and think of which way to turn a nut on a bolt.
- Same work, more pay.
- Wrinkles add character.
- Wedding dress $5000. Tux rental-$100.
- People never stare at your chest when you’re talking to them.
- The occasional well-rendered belch is practically expected.
- New shoes don’t cut, blister, or mangle your feet.
- One mood all the time.
- Phone conversations are over in 30 seconds flat.
- You know stuff about tanks and airplanes.
- A five-day vacation requires only one suitcase.
- You can open all your own jars.
- You get extra credit for the slightest act of thoughtfulness.
- If someone forgets to invite you, he or she can still be your friend.
- Your underwear is $8.95 for a three-pack.
- Three pairs of shoes are more than enough.
- You almost never have strap problems in public.
- You are unable to see wrinkles in your clothes.
- Everything on your face stays its original color.
- The same hairstyle lasts for years, maybe decades.
- You only have to shave your face and neck.
- You can play with toys all your life.
- Your belly usually hides your big hips.
- One wallet and one pair of shoes one color for all seasons.
- You can wear shorts no matter how your legs look.
- You can “do” your nails with a pocket knife.
- You have freedom of choice concerning growing a mustache.
- You can do Christmas shopping for 25 relatives on December 24 in 25 minutes.
No wonder men are happier.